Thursday, February 1, 2018

A Vision Quest to Transform the World by Salvatore Gencarelle

When I was a young man, I had my first spiritual Vision Quest which altered the way I saw the world and forever affected my entire outlook on life. This experience, described below, brought me to an understanding that the natural world was calling out to those who would listen.
While in a dream state, I saw the entire world from a distance ~ looking at it from the highest level of atmosphere. At first I saw what appeared to be a healthy planet with clean clouds, blue skies, sparkling water and lush land. But as I approached the Earth, I passed through the clouds and began to notice noxious smells and unusual discolorations of the clouds and air. The closer I came to the ground, the stronger the smells and the more hazy brown everything appeared. When I came to stand with my feet on the earth, I saw the cause of these unnatural odors and views – massive pollution.
I looked around and noticed chemical fires burning in so many forms all across the land and sea; humans walking in a city oblivious of the toxins that engulfed them, and completely unaware of the damage happening to the greater world.  A haze surrounded each person and their eyes were half shut – downcast as they shuffled to and from work.
This toxic chemical soup wasn’t just limited to the places of human habitation – it was also spreading to remote places of nature. I saw sick and dying animals – rivers, lakes and oceans with waters running with dead fish floating upon the surface. I watched in horror as the world I loved seemed to be suffering and dying.
The Web of Life by Laurel D. Rund - it is Art from the Heart
I also saw a “Web of Life” – visible lines of connection which link each part of creation with the other. Far out in nature the lines were mostly strong, thick, and glowing with a green light. Each plant, tree, and animal had many intersecting lines that formed a complex grid of support.
The strands became frayed, thin, or completely broken as I drew near to the polluted human world. Many of the people walking the streets had few lines of connection and seemed to be walking in a fog – lost, without a way to remove the haze that covered their vision.  
I realized that people had lost contact with what is really important in life and had entered into a rutted existence that cut them off from a happy or healthy way of living. Their minds were emersed in murkiness and they were unable to see a way out. Because of how these humans were thinking and living, the natural world suffered as well.
The damage to the earth that human pollution wreaked had passed a critical point—the earth could no longer be healed merely by physical means. We could no longer just drive less, or turn off the lights, or recycle our garbage to fix the root of our pollution problems. We needed a change on a much deeper level. In my mind I asked how did this happen? How did people become so careless that we were destroying the earth – the very source of life? I asked what I could do about this, how could I help?
This is when my metamorphosis began. It guided me to look towards the indigenous teaching of the Native Americans. I was compelled to embark on a mission to find out what this meant for me. Through a series of powerful synchronicities, I met a Native American healer from the Lakota Sioux Tribe ~ one of the last direct links to ancient Native American ceremony and rituals. I quickly became an assistant, a “Helper,” supporting this healer with traditional ceremonies. Within a few years I was living with and eventually married into the family.
I learned about the traditional Vision Quest ceremonies, and how these ancient rituals were passed on to others in order to help them maintain their connections. I was taught how to seek Visions in a precise and consistent way, learning how the ceremonial process helps one to find deep understanding and transformation. Vision Quests enable people to live in health, happiness, and balance with the world.
Since my first experience, I have gone through many personal Vision Quests. Each one has added a new layer of understanding and awareness, and has increased my love, compassion and connection to people, nature and myself. These quests have allowed me to get closer to the true meaning of my life and the Infinite Universe.
Walk with your heart and mind together as one and the path will unfold before you.”  Salvatore Gencarelle

Bio – Salvatore Gencarelle


Salvatore Gencarelle is a freelance writer and traveler.  Native American culture and religious beliefs have been shrouded in mystery. For centuries people the world over have been instinctively drawn to learn more about Native American Traditions, but only a few have ever fully stepped into the incredible world of Native American Spirituality. Salvatore Gencarelle is one of these few.
At the age of 15, Salvatore became a ceremonial assistant to a modern day Lakota Sioux Medicine Man, the great-grandson of “Chipps”, the adopted brother and ceremonial protector of the famous warrior Crazy Horse. For over 17 years Salvatore was taught Native American Rituals of the Lakota Sioux. He was mentored in the ceremonies such as the sweat lodge, vision quest, sacred pipe, sacred songs and the Sundance. He became what’s known as a “Helper”; a person who works with the sacred powers of the world to assist humanity true health and happiness. During these 17 years Salvatore also lived and worked on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, married into a Native American family and had 3 sons. He was fully immersed into the ancient ceremonial practices and also the modern life of the Lakota people.
From Salvatore’s experience and through spiritual guidance comes the book “A Man Among the Helpers.’ This book gives a glimpse into his personal journey on the path of Native American Culture and spirituality. He openly shares portions his life experiences and the principles and practices he has learned along the way. Through the book people are introduced to these sacred ceremonies and the concept of becoming a Helper. These sacred ceremonies are gifts to all humankind to help humanity live and continue life upon the Earth.
Salvatore is also an artist, photographer, freelance writer, a musician, and a healer working both the traditions of the Lakota and the modern world. He now travels extensively around the world to share his experiences and wisdom with all people, helping other to find balance and health and happiness.
More information can be found at the author’s website. http://manamongthehelpers.com/home/

Metamorphosis Your Stories 






No comments:

Post a Comment

MY PATH OF COLLABORATING WITH GAIA by Zing Nafzinger, M.A.

    Holding onto my stick of a wand, I lead the multi-aged gaggle along the edge of the bare woods. Our brown boots stomp into the damp gree...